The one thing no one wants to hear at their dental appointment….”I don’t think we can save this tooth Mrs. Smith, we are going to have to extract it”. Let’s face it no one wants to lose a tooth. If you are facing this situation you need to know how to make the best decision for yourself. Gone are the days of just extracting a tooth and not discussing how to replace it. We now know that tooth loss isn’t just a cosmetic issue. If you are a candidate for an implant it is the best option to replace a missing tooth.
Q: How do I know I need an implant?
A: If you are missing one or more of your teeth, you should highly consider having an implant to help preserve your bone.
Q: What are the benefits of dental implants?
A: There are many. Some of those include:
- A more attractive appearance with a pleasing smile
- Improved chewing
- Prevention of bone loss
- Improve self-esteem
- Prevent adjacent teeth from shifting
- Implants do not slip, move, or irritate gums
- Preserve your teeth. It is not necessary to file down the adjacent teeth for implant placement as it is with a bridge.
Q: What are my treatment choices?
A: There are two options.
- Implants-An implant is an artificial tooth root surgically placed in the mouth to replace or more missing teeth. A crown is seated on top of the implant providing the patient with a natural feeling tooth.
- Implant Supported Dentures-Implants are strategically placed in the mouth to anchor the denture. They help preserve the jawbone while providing a stable foundation for the denture, which can easily be removed for cleaning and then easily secured in place.
Q: How do I find out more?
A: Dr. Goehring provides complimentary implant consultations. Call us today to set up your no-obligation consult and find out what dental implants can do for you.