What is CEREC?
Cerec stands for: Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic or CEREC for short is a new state-of-the-art method of reconstructing tooth restorations. CEREC uses computer-assisted design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) to offer single-day crowns, veneers and bridges. This new technology has changed ceramic restorations such as crowns and veneers so that there is no longer a wait between the preparation and final product. With CEREC, the technology is used while sitting in the dental chair. The restorations created are metal-free and tooth colored to restore the tooth’s natural beauty, strength and function. With CEREC’s CAD-CAM technology, these ceramic restorations can usually be done in a single dental visit.
Advantages to Using CEREC
CEREC has changed the dental crown process. It was created with the patient in mind in order to make a dental visit as simple as possible. Some of the benefits to using CEREC are:
- Most procedures can be done in one visit – less costly and less time-consuming
- Less painful injections due to single-visit
- No need to take messy impressions
- No need to have a temporary restoration for in-between visits
- Ability to save as much natural tooth structure as possible
- Longer lasting restorations – may last over 10 years
- Restores teeth to natural beauty, function and strength
- Metal-free restorations
Dr. Goehring can deliver the stunning results you expect.
To schedule an appointment, call us or click below.